The Uniworld 10 QT Commercial Stand Mixer is a manual lift planetary mixer and ideal for a small business. It also features a #12 hub which means literally doubling the versatility of the mixer to include attachments which enable you to perform tasks such as grinding and shredding. This makes it ideal for a small restaurant which requires all these tasks to be part of a typical kitchen routine.
The unit is designed to be versatile but also features a heavy duty build, as well as an enclosed motor that is permanently lubricated and thermally protected. These features ensure longevity of the mixer over the longer term, providing not only the means to carry out kitchen tasks, but also good financial business practice. It also means the mixer operates quietly, which for some users, is always an issue.
The Uniworld mixer features a planetary mixing motion that ensures all ingredients are effectively and consistently blended, aerated and mixed as required. It comes with the usual standard accessories and as mentioned above, has the capability to take additional optional attachments such as a grinder and grater/shredder. There is no timer on this mixer however its lack in no way hinders the performance of the mixer.
Features of the Uniworld Stand Mixer
- Design – a planetary commercial mixer stand mixer
- Motor – ½ HP providing plenty of power for sustained use
- Electrics – 110 volts/60Hz
- Transmission – gear driven
- Gears – are made from hardened steel and alloy bronze and together, provide the means to power the motor transmission. They are also constant mesh heat treated.
- Bowl Capacity – ten quarts
- Dough Capacity – six pounds, which is not huge but the mixer is designed for constant use so making additional batches as required shouldn’t be an issue
- Bowl Lift – is manual via a convenient lever on the side of the mixer. It has the added advantage of locking itself into the top position for safety purposes.
- Hub - #12 size which means that Hobart mixer attachments can be used if desired as well as the optional attachments listed below from Uniworld.
- Speed – three speed settings are available to choose from so as to suit the task at hand
- Control Switches – are moisture resistant to prevent water damage by way of accidental spills or cleaning
- Timer – there is no timer on the mixer so you will need to make alternative arrangements if you need a timer. Most customers do not purchase a mixer because it does or doesn’t have a timer.
- Safety Guard - The stainless steel, wire front bowl guard opens easily for adding ingredients. It also prevents operation of the unit should you open the guard while using the mixer
- Overload Switch – is proved to prevent damage to the motor should it experience overload conditions
- Certification – ETLA approved
- 1 x stainless steel bowl
- 1 x flat beater
- 1 x stainless steel wire whip
- 1 x dough hook
- 1 x safety guard
Optional Attachments Available
- S-Knife, Disc Holder & S/S Grater/Shredder
- Discs (3/32”, 3/16”, 1/4”, 5/16”, 1/2”)
Measures: 20 x 25 x 13.5 inches
Weighs: 170 pounds
Item No: UPM-10E
What's Great about the Uniworld Stand Mixer?
- Value for the money
- Excellent performance
- Performs well over the longer term
What's Not so Great
- No Built in Timer
Feedback and Reviews
We give the Uniworld Stand Mixer an excellent rating. Things we like about it include being great value for money, ability to sustain constant use and its performance over the longer term. To read more about what other customers think, you can find all the customer reviews here.
The Uniworld 10 QT Commercial Stand Mixer is available online and you can find the latest price for it here. The #12 hub for optional attachments makes this mixer a great choice for anyone looking for extra versatility and added value with their mixer purchase. We are happy with the performance of this mixer and based on other customer feedback, we are pleased to recommend it as a value for the money commercial mixer.