The Breville Scraper Pro stand mixer isn’t really a commercial mixer but it is however favored by professional chefs and ideal for small purpose specific mixing tasks in both domestic and commercial settings. It takes the guesswork out of mixing times and does bowl scraping while mixing, saving you the time and effort of doing it manually. It isn’t suitable for commercial baking purposes.
It features a planetary mixing action which ensures batters are evenly mixed without any little pockets of unmixed ingredients. This is achieved by way of the counter-clockwise mixing motion of the mixer head, together with the clockwise sweep of extra wide beating attachments which provide 360 degree bowl coverage.
There are many features and benefits that come with this mixer and they are outlined below, but suffice to say that it is hugely popular with domestic customers and chefs alike for its specific purpose functions and performance. It definitely has a place in a small restaurant.
Features of the Breville BEM800XL
- Design – a special purpose mixer designed for scraping down the mixer bowl during operation
- Capacity – 5 quarts
- Footprint – 8.7 x 14.6 x 13.7 inches
- Mixing Action - Planetary
- Electronic Controls – a twelve speed electronic control dial is available for speed selection and includes a ‘pause’ function to temporarily stop the mixer - it also pauses the timer. An LED display illuminates both speed selection and mixing task.
- Timer – a ten minute timer with an auto-off LCD screen is included for counting down specific beating times for recipes before automatically switching off
- Mixer Head – is electronically lift assisted for convenience
- Handling - easy handling and maneuvering is facilitated by the inclusion of lift assist handles on the mixer head and base
- Attachment Shaft - for easy attachment of the included attachments
- Pouring Shield - designed to minimize spattering during mixing and while adding ingredients
‘Tilt-Release’ Button - releases the mixer head. It also allows it to be placed into the open ‘tilt-back’ position to allow for easy adding of extra ingredients, attachments as well as the mixing bowl
- Internal Cord Storage - located at the back of the mixer base for convenient cord storage
- Labeling – is clear and signifies which attachments work best at particular speeds and for particular tasks – eg creaming, beating, whipping
- Safety Features – includes a bowl locking recess for locking the bowl in place and load sensing technology to protect the motor from overload
Measures: 8.7 x 14.6 x 13.7 inches
Shipping Weight: 21 pounds
Item No: BEM800XL
Warranty: 1 Year Limited
What’s Great About the Breville BEM800XL Stand Mixer
- Perfect for cake batters, batches of cookies, occasional bread dough
- Beautiful chrome finish
- Good instruction manual
- Remains stable when operating on high speed
- Release button releases and raises mixer head for easy bowl access to add extra ingredients
- Has a pour guard
- Digital timer adds precision for mixing tasks
- Planetary mixing action saves mixing time
- LED speed indicator is easy to read
- Cord fits inside out of sight
- Attachments are easy to put on and remove
- Not too heavy
- Clear labelling for tasks and attachments
What's not so great
- Not the best mixer for constant use kneading bread doughs
Reviews and Feedback
We give the Breville BEM800XL Scraper Mixer excellent ratings. Things we like about it include its stability during use, appearance, planetary mixing action, timer, as well as the efficient scraping action provided by the mixer. In short, we think it's a great mixer. To read about customer feedback, and there is a lot available for this mixer, you can find all customer reviews here.
The Breville BEM800XL Scraper Mixer Pro 5 Quart Stand Mixer is available from online retailers and you can find their latest price for it here. While this is not really a commercial mixer, it definitely has a place in a commercial kitchen for specific tasks such as creaming and whipping and occasional bread dough. We are impressed with the performance and functionality of the mixer and are pleased to recommend it.